The Office of Stewardship
Stewardship, why bother?
Do you ever take the time to think about the people you admire the most? I don’t mean the people you just read about or watch on t.v. I mean the real people you interact with in your daily life. Of these folks, who are the ones you admire most? And why? As I ponder this, I would say my heroes:
- Seem to have an uncanny ability to ride the ups and downs of life with grace. They have an amazing capacity to see the best in difficult situations, to remain faithful, peaceful and dependable even in the midst of challenges.
- are joyful. My heroes make me laugh. They bring joy with them into the room. They don’t take themselves or others too seriously. They see the upside in a situation. They see the best in others.
- seem to have things together. Circumstances in life don’t seem to overwhelm them. Their lives are ordered and this gives them the freedom to be generous towards others; available to help and be present in their lives.
- challenge me to be better. My heroes are humble and open to learning. They are growing themselves and inspire me to do the same.
- are generous with me and with others. My heroes share their time, their talents and their treasures. Most importantly, they share their hearts and lives with others. They enter into a situation with their hands open (figuratively), ready to give and receive from others.
- are deeply rooted. My heroes know who they are. They have the freedom to be available to others because they are not concerned with themselves or their own needs. They know their Why (Knowing Your Why)
- live their lives for something bigger than themselves. They are men and women of deep faith who root their identity, their lives and their choices in Christ.
We’re here to help
Call us at (605) 716-5214 or fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch soon.
606 Cathedral Drive
Rapid City, SD 57701
2101 City Springs Rd Ste 200
Rapid City, SD 57702