The Office of Stewardship
“I have called a Holy Year of the Eucharist in the Diocese of Rapid City.”
Bishop Robert Gruss, Proclamation of the Year of the Eucharist
In a little over a week, we will enter into the Year of the Eucharist. It is an exciting time for the Diocese, an opportunity to foster a greater love for Jesus and His gift of Himself in the Eucharist. The many activities encouraged for the Year of the Eucharist are great ways to foster Lively Faith in a parish committed to living the pillars of our Stewardship initiative. Many of them are found in the Characteristics of a Stewardship Parish. For instance:
- Our parish fosters regular devotions outside of Mass. How about Exposition and Adoration for the Year of the Eucharist?
- Our parishioners participate in the larger diocesan community events. Like the Year of the Eucharist?
- Our parish leaders and parishioners regularly discuss virtue, set forth examples of heroic virtue, and evaluate programs and policies in light of how they foster virtue. How about the Eucharistic Saints suggested in the Year of the Eucharist materials?
- Our parish has a vibrant, planned, inter-generational and well-communicated formation program. The many resources available to parishes can help!
- Our parish fosters a thirst for life-long learning. Check out all of the Adult Education options suggested for the Year of the Eucharist!
- Our parish fosters increasing attendance at both daily and Sunday Mass consistent with the demographics of the community we serve. What a great goal for the Year of the Eucharist!
- Our pastor leads people to a deep intimacy with the Trinity, parishioners pray daily for at least fifteen minutes and faithfully participate in the sacraments, and where parents teach their children how to pray. Another great goal for this year.
The success of your parish’s efforts to draw people into a deeper love of Jesus and His presence in the Eucharist can also be helped by close attention to Generous Hospitality. How might your parish employ the many facets of Generous Hospitality to welcome and invite people to participate in this year?
The Office of Stewardship would like to assist in any way we can in helping to make this a wonderful year in your parish. What a gift it will be for all of us!
We’re here to help
Call us at (605) 716-5214 or fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch soon.
606 Cathedral Drive
Rapid City, SD 57701
2101 City Springs Rd Ste 200
Rapid City, SD 57702